Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Logo Design

I've designed two logos for my name, and these two videos are what I came up with.
First one that I made a couple years ago.



I know the quality isn't that great - that was when I wasn't too familiar with high quality rendering.   I recently changed it to add my last name as my instructors said, "Who are you? Cher? What's with the first-name-only?" They were right. At the time that I made this ('09), I was playing around with gravity field, and I had no idea on how to add four more letters (my last name) to it.  Secondly, another instructor said, "While I like the idea, I don't like seeing your name disappear at the end. It needs to be prominent".  I haven't touched the logo design until Portfolio review class last quarter. I realize that I don't like it at all, so I decided to scrap the idea.

My second name/logo idea came from helping someone on SimplyMaya.com  and helping figure out what's wrong.  I liked it a lot and decided to use it for mine.  The timing is way off with the glow, and the pass thru of the letters. I still need to work on it and tweak it. Will add "Texture Artist" once I finalize the animation sequence.  It's supposed to be done backward sequence. Since I don't have After Effect, this is what I'll have to put up with now.  It's alright, nothing too dramatic. Simple enough.  If I have to scrap it again, I will.   I do have an idea of changing the particles to add more "pop" to it.  For now, here's my rough copy...bad eh? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment